Manager, Mechanical Engineering
Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
What you'll do:
Our ideal candidate will leverage their consumer product development experience to produce reliable, low cost, light weight, and aesthetically pleasing wireless technology. Reporting to the head of Consumer Product Engineering, you will be the technical and administrative lead for the mechanical design team. You will lead the mechanical team for Starry’s next generations of outdoor mmWave radio development, as well as manage our overseas manufacturing partners. Your responsibilities will include specification, design, analysis, testing, and transfer to manufacturing. You will work closely with a multidisciplinary team including electrical and systems engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, project management, and industrial design through all phases of product development. You may be required to conduct occasional field work.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 7+ years of experience in high volume consumer electronics or automotive industries
- At least 1 year experience as a team lead or manager
- An expert at designing for injection molding, die casting, and high volume processes
- Experience working with manufacturing, supply chain, and project management to deliver new products on time and budget
- You have worked on highly-integrated consumer electronics such as mobile phones, automotive telematics, or home satellite equipment
- You understand the technical challenges of outdoor electronics packaging, including thermal, EMI, and environmental protection
- You have WiFi, Bluetooth, or mmWave experience
- You have SolidWorks and thermal / structural simulation experience
- 100% employer paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock options
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, community clubs, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.