Enterprise Sales Representative
Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
What you'll do:
As an Enterprise Sales Representative, you’ll be responsible for identifying and engaging buildings owners, property managers, and real estate developers in order to support Starry’s expansion to new property portfolios. This is a customer-facing role with a clear focus on results and individual responsibility for achieving sales targets each quarter. Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Achieving and exceeding sales targets
- Prospecting and research
- Strategic outreach (emails, calls, and in-person visits)
- Building and nurturing business relationships
- Managing a funnel of opportunities
- Overall project management
Results-driven: enjoys setting goals and smashing through them, has demonstrated extraordinary success in previous endeavors, and is motivated by challenges
Autonomous: self-motivated, scrappy and able to deal with the ambiguity typical of an early-stage company
Resilient: not afraid of rejection and able to handle external pressure with equanimity
Emotionally intelligent: a confident and empathetic communicator
Curious: embraces opportunities to learn from peers and mentors, proactively seeks feedback, and is obsessed with growth and development
Creative: feels energized by new problems to solve and loves implementing new ideas quickly and with limited resources
- Evidenced success in a professional field
- Experience in customer-facing roles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum 1 year of professional experience
Bonus points if..
- You have experience selling into the Multi-Dwelling Unit, Property Management or Real Estate Industry
- You have a proven ability to navigate the ambiguity inherent in the early stage development of products and services as well as a rapidly changing digital landscape
- You have passionate feelings about Starry and our mission
- You have conversational proficiency in a second language
- 100% employer paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock options
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after one year of employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, community clubs, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.