Manager, RF Test Engineering
Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we’re looking for:
Our RF Test Engineering Manager will work on our unique consumer facing products. Our ideal candidate will take ownership of production support through the entire product life-cycle – concept, engineering development, verification testing, yield enhancement, new product introduction, and production through end of life. You should be proficient using RF testing principles and have an understanding of manufacturing and testing practices. This is a hands on technical leadership position.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with the RF design team during design and design verification phases. Review schematics and layout of PCB designs.
- Lead RF Test team to verify design and implement automation to support manufacturing
- Lead technical test projects in support of product development or test technology development
- Analyze manufacturing test data to drive design improvements of HW or test automation to improve yield
- Support debug of PCBs, modules or system failures in manufacturing, and create debug playbooks for vendor technical teams
- Support global manufacturing and integration footprint
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or other related technical degree
- Minimum of 2 years leading or managing a technical team
- Previously overseen complex millimeter wave or microwave products from NPI to volume production for >10k units monthly
- Capable of designing and documenting overall test strategies or test systems for system, subsystem, and component level testing
- Skilled at applying statistics and design of experiment techniques to solve real world issues
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with hardware integration and testing
- Experience releasing a new product from NPI phase to mass production with a Tier 1 EMS
- Six Sigma Black Belt
- 100% employer paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock options
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after one year of employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, community clubs, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.