Vice President of Product Realization
Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
What you'll do:
You will be driving the delivery of communication systems products from concept to high volume field deployments and upgrades. You will lead a broad team of full stack software and hardware developers, product managers, project managers, manufacturing engineers, supply chain professionals, quality, reliability, and application engineers, both inside and external to the company. You will use your market derived insights, engineering judgment, leadership and charisma to ensure high quality and timely deployment of Starry’s innovative products and services across multiple generations. The position is in the office of the CTO, working hand in hand with the CTO and Deputy CTO.
Who we're looking for:
- An experienced engineering leader with proven managerial and technical skills
- You have taken complex communication systems hardware and software from concepts to service
- You have had cradle to grave responsibility life cycle management, including both schedule and cost responsibility
- At least 12 years of a broad range of experience in a combination of at least two of: hardware or software product development development, project management, product management, validation/quality assurance, supply chain, and manufacturing
Bonus points if you...
- Understand millimeter wave or other RF technologies
- Understand the intricacies of 802.11
- Understand data networking
- 100% employer paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock options
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, community clubs, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.