Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
About the role:
Starry is fixing the internet by designing and building wireless mmWave network technology, providing internet connectivity in an entirely new way.
Talent Acquisition team members are the drivers of finding, developing, attracting and attaining world class talent. We are looking for a strategic, creative, and data driven Talent Acquisition professional to join our team. You will be responsible for building and cultivating talent pipelines and hiring technical talent to help grow our Engineering organization (e.g.embedded software, electrical, RF engineering, and testing, etc.). We are always looking for fresh ideas that make our talent strategy most effective in a competitive market.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the end-to-end lifecycle of talent selection across a variety of roles in technical hardware and software development
- Partner with hiring managers to translate business strategies into relevant talent strategies that address near term needs and yield long term benefits. Through a process rooted in consistency and informed by data, you will help hiring teams identify the “best” candidate for each role
- Create compelling, inclusive job descriptions to attract great candidates
- Provide a high-touch experience to candidates, nurturing a relationship to better understand the person (not just the resume), and providing a transparent view of the larger team and culture at Starry
- Proactively develop diverse pipelines of talent through networking, sourcing, marketing and relationship building
- Analyze available data and reporting to make recommendations to your hiring managers about the most effective hiring strategies
- Assist with the bi-annual co-op program recruitment process
- Minimum 3 years’ full lifecycle technical recruiting experience within a corporate/in-house environment
- Demonstrated experience managing a level of complex searches due to a variety of factors including volume, ambiguity, stakeholders, evolving business needs, etc.
- Ability to influence, have challenging conversations and work effectively in a highly collaborative and distributed team-based environment
- Strong understanding of hardware development and wifi
- Experience within a high-growth, quickly scaling company
- Advanced social media and recruiting sourcing tools (i.e. LinkedIn, Handshake, Facebook, and GitHub), bonus points for opening our eyes to creative new sourcing avenues
- 100% employer paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock options
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, community clubs, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.