Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Yes, you did find a company that is using Rust in production. Huzzah!
Who we're looking for:
In this role you will be writing code for Starry's mmWave radios and indoor wi-fi products-- and all new features are written in the modern programming language RUST! You are a software engineer with a BS or MS in Software, Computer, or Electrical engineering or equivalent discipline/experience and are comfortable developing in C++ or Rust. Experience in Python is also good to have. You have at least four years experience with a product based company, but equivalent experience will be considered. Since much of our technology is developed or runs on Linux, you should have familiarity with that operating system.
Bonus points if..
- Familiarity with networking fundamentals and configuration
- Experience using git for source control
- The ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions for problems you're faced with
Double bonus points if..
- Experience with 802.11a/b/g/n/ac standards and protocols
- Understanding of millimeter wave and/or other RF technologies
- Real time development and debugging skills
- Familiarity with Rust or asynchronous programming concepts
- Experience building distributed systems
- A drive to learn new languages and technologies
- Experience with technical product customer issues and collaboration with customer support teams
- 100% employer paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock options
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, community clubs, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.