Project Manager, Network Deployment
Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we're looking for:
Starry is looking for a Project Manager who will excel in helping to redefine how users access the internet. You will serve as the face of Starry Internet Services to building owners by providing an outstanding customer experience while driving the deployment of the Starry internet network. You will be responsible for managing stakeholder expectations and gathering project requirements from parties both inside and outside of the company. Our ideal candidate has outstanding communication and project management skills, a passion for customer service, is a self-motivated problem solver, and has proven success in customer facing roles.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Manages a high volume of network deployment projects with competing priorities
- Provide an exceptional on-boarding (post-sale) experience to building owners and property Managers
- Collaboratively develop and maintain project schedules, Statements of Work, purchase orders, costs and contracts
- Establishes and communicates work priority for deployment teams based on market targets
- Creates bill of materials and project financials to ensure overall budget goals are maintained
- Conducts pre-construction walk with the construction team and visits the job site weekly to review build progress
- Deliver regular project status reporting to provide a high degree of transparency on schedules and risks using Jira
- BA/BS with analytical, quantitative, business, or technical focus
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Proven success in a customer-facing role
- Must be able to regularly use ladders, hatches, steps, and other means to gain access to roofs on multiple story buildings and work outdoors in extreme weather
- Must adhere to OSHA safety guidelines and wear personal protective gear properly and as required
Bonus points if:
- Knowledge of construction services (ordering and installation): Telco, power, fiber, basic construction, permitting, vendor equipment requirements, antennas and grounding preferred
- Active PMP certification
- 100% employer paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock options
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, community clubs, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.