Director of Network Construction Partnership
Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we’re looking for:
Starry has developed a strong partnership with a large craft construction services company for turnkey network buildout in our expansion markets. We are seeking someone to manage the partnership in all aspects and serve as Starry’s Steering Committee leader and counterpart to that of the partner construction company.
What you’ll do:
- Administer all aspects of the partnership with Steering Committee counterpart
- Lead creation of partnership plans and goals, and drive execution by Starry teams and partner construction support
- Lead the market roll out planning and labor bidding process
- Manage bid reviews and negotiation in coordination with the national tech ops teams, reviewing costs, timelines and design standards
- Manage Starry quality control team for all construction partner built markets
- Manage budget tracking, cost estimation, and cost accounting of capital plans
- Ensure safety and compliance measures are satisfied to Starry and construction partner standards
- Work with the partner counterpart to drive development of deployment guidelines, standards, documentation, reporting, and tools to complete tasks
- Travel up to 30% of the time to support network needs in remote markets (new hub bringup, exception management, training)
- Work with partner on training facility and curriculum development
Who you are and what you bring to Starry:
- You have a BA/BS degree, ideally in a technical discipline, with equivalent practical experience gained at an industry EF&I service provider
- Experience with large scale and time-sensitive deployments in telecom, or other similar utility areas, both greenfield and brownfield
- You have 6-8 years direct experience in managing high level business groups or partnerships
- Broad experience with equipment vendors and labor contract partner selection, negotiation and project management for networking equipment
- Ability to lead in depth periodic business reviews with vendors and partners, focusing on performance, quality, corrective actions etc.
- Good knowledge of metro fiber networks, GPON, DWDM, RF Backhaul, in building wiring (twisted pair and coax) and PtMP radio networks
- Experience and deep knowledge of telecom construction services (including ordering and installation): power distribution plants, fiber, ethernet, permitting, zoning, vendor equipment requirements, antennas, UPS, weatherproofing, and grounding
- Familiar with radio frequency networks, RF principles and coverage, and high-availability network design and site construction: i.e. line of sight (LOS), Fresnel zone interference, multipath, signal reflection
- You are a communicator; able to delegate and escalate issues appropriately
- You have hands-on experience in managing both construction contractors and the required staff to bring these projects to market
- You are fastidious about timelines, design standards, budgets, and quality control
- This role will closely track and summarize progress and KPIs to the management team
- Must be able to adhere to OSHA safety guidelines and wear personal protective gear correctly and as required
- 100% employer paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock options
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, community clubs, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.