Warehouse Assistant - Full time + benefits!
Starry is proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Full time with benefits - starting pay at $15/hour+ DOE!
What you’ll do:
- Continuously inspect all work equipment to identify shortages and damages and managing any needed resolutions promptly to enable a smooth flow of operations
- Confirm and checkout all outgoing stock to ensure equipment is in good condition and all pertinent documents are accurately accounted for
- Assist the Warehouse Manager to implement inventory process and regularly audit: checking in of all received equipment, conducting physical counts, comparing computer stock to physical counts, and investigating discrepancies
- Receive, store, move, and kitting outgoing material, equipment, and other items from warehouse
- Manually or mechanically load and unload materials from pallets, skids, platforms, cars, lifting devices, or other transport vehicles
- Assist with the maintenance of supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas in order to ensure compliance with safety regulations
- Deliver materials to and from sites and company offices in company provided vehicle
- High school diploma/GED required
- 6-12+ months of inventory, receiving, or warehouse experience
- Ability to work in a team and with other teams
- Strong attention to details
- Experience with Google or Microsoft office tools (Document, Spreadsheet)
- Experience with RF gun preferred
- Ability to work Saturdays
- Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs regularly, respond quickly to avoid or mitigate potentially dangerous situations, move safely over uneven terrain, safely climb ladders while carrying up to 40 lbs, and work outdoors in extreme weather
- Must adhere to OSHA safety guidelines and wear personal protective gear properly
- Must be able to bustle about, bend, squat, or stand for prolonged periods of time
- 100% employer paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock options
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, community clubs, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.