Mobile Engineer (iOS/Swift)
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
What we're looking for:
You're an upbeat, creative, fun loving Senior iOS engineer looking for an opportunity in an exciting, fast paced, growing startup. You have a deep understanding of Swift. You like working on a team, but are also excellent at working on your own. You're a self-motivated developer who enjoys learning new technologies and languages and loves the challenge of solving complex problems.
What you’ll do:
Work with product and design teams to bring new features and experiences to our customers. Design, build, test and deploy new features in Swift across Starry's customer facing mobile app and internal tools. Strong understanding of user interfaces. Love to develop creative and efficient solutions for problems.
- 2 years of practical experience developing iOS applications
- 4 years of practical experience in software development
- Proficiency with the Swift programming language
- Proficiency with the common iOS frameworks Foundation, Core Data, and UIKit
- Extensive knowledge of iOS development techniques and practices
Bonus points if...
- 5 years of practical experience developing iOS applications in Swift
- Swift 4
- Designed, built, and shipped apps as lead/sole developer
- Experience with networking technologies
- 100% employer paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock option grants in a privately-held company
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, community clubs, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.