Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we're looking for:
Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated, highly analytical individual who is ready to add value to a fast-paced environment. This position will have cross-functional exposure within our rapidly expanding company.
What you’ll do:
- Forecasting, budgeting, scenario analysis, unit economics, trend analysis, business case review, and internal business partnership support.
- Advanced financial modeling to create robust excel-based multi-scenario models. Independent researching of required data inputs and creation of appropriate outputs based on analysis requirements.
- Cleaning, organizing, and summarizing detailed data from various sources
- Presenting analysis in excel and powerpoint
- Establish strong working-relationships with business partners ad identify key cross-functional contacts for information
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously, including unplanned quick turnaround ad-hoc projects as needed
- 3+ years of experience with bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration
- Advanced modeling experience required. Prior experience in FP&A or financial modeling role preferred.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills required (reference formulas, conditional formulas, pivot tables)
- A strong sense of ownership over work and high level of organization
- Able to work in a very dynamic, fast paced environment
- Proven experience managing and producing accurate, high-quality work under tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication. Comfortable interacting with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Able to demonstrate a high level of drive and work well independently
- Ability to organize and efficiently work with a large volume of information
- Knowledge of ERP systems and related technologies. NetSuite experience preferred. Adaptive Planning experience preferred
- 100% employer paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock option grants in a privately-held company
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, community clubs, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.