Manager, National Facilities
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we’re looking for:
Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated, hands-on individual who is ready to help Starry reach its aggressive expansion goals. Reporting to our Director of IT & Facilities, our Manager of National facilities will provide services that meet the long-term needs of the Company. You will be responsible for our national facilities and real-estate relationships. Starry currently operates in five cities, with aggressive plans for additional rollouts nationwide.
What you’ll do:
- Source and maintain vendor relationships with facility vendors and landlord/property managers.
- Establish practical and repeatable standards and procedures for office operations.
- Assist with real estate acquisition, space planning, construction and maintenance.
- Help plan and manage new office build-outs.
- Oversee and develop a national team of Office Managers.
- Manage Starry’s fleet of vehicles
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent practical experience
- Ability to travel, approximately 20%
- 3-5 years’ of Real Estate & Facilities experience in high-growth environments
- A good understanding of basic MEP
- Demonstrated ability to execute projects on schedule and on budget
- Experience project managing complicated endeavors with multiple stakeholders
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
Bonus points for:
- Experience with physical security
- Strong organizational habits
- Working knowledge of CAD/drawing tools
- 100% employer paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock option grants in a privately-held company
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, community clubs, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.