Installation Technician (Entry Level)
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Pay for this role starts at $20/hour and could increase based on experience! Full benefits listed below.
Who we're looking for:
If you’re someone who is always reading up on new technology and excited over sharing that passion with others, this job is for you! Starry Subscriber Installers come from all kinds of backgrounds and experience levels. We are happy to train anyone who is new to the role and eager to be a part of our growing Columbus team.
Instead of a specific set of experience, we look for strong time management skills, a knack for troubleshooting, and ability to multitask. This isn’t an office job, so we also want someone who enjoys being on the move and interacting with people. Our Installers are engaging, approachable, and confident in serving as the face of Starry internet to customers. Starry Subscriber Installers come to work ready for a different challenge each day, and they are enthused by the opportunity to add to their skillsets.
What you'll do:
- Install and activate Starry Internet services for new customers
- Connect customers to the Starry Internet infrastructure using coax, phone lines, or ethernet cable
- Educate customers on how to operate Starry devices after setup to ensure their long-term success with the service
- Act as a valued source of “on the ground” feedback from customers and report back any findings to improve our service and technology
Experience and skills required:
- Willingness to be coached and trained as an Installer Technician
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Relevant IT/field experience or previous work in a customer-facing role
This is a physical job, you must have the ability to do the following:
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs regularly, move safely over uneven terrain, and safely climb ladders while carrying up to 40 lbs
- Must be able to adhere to OSHA safety guidelines and wear personal protective gear correctly and as required
- Must be able to bustle about, bend, squat, or stand for prolonged periods of time
- Work outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
- Past experience at an ISP or telecommunications company and you know your way around wiring and cabling (66 and 110 punch blocks, termination of coax, RJ11, and RJ45 cables)
- A+ Certification
- You love new technology, Internet of Things, and have a veritable library of gizmos around your home
- 100% employer paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock option grants in a privately-held company
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, community clubs, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.