Project Manager, Network Deployment
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Starry is looking for a Project Manager who will excel in helping to redefine how users access the internet. You will act as the face of Starry Internet Services to building owners as you’re responsible for providing an outstanding customer experience while driving the deployment of the Starry internet network. You will be responsible for managing stakeholder expectations and gathering project requirements from parties both inside and outside of the company. Our ideal candidate has outstanding communication and project management skills, a passion for customer service, is a self-motivated problem solver, and has proven success in customer facing roles.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Provide an exceptional onboarding experience for building owners
- Interface with external stakeholders and manage expectations of design, scope, and timelines
- Collaborate effectively with internal teams to initiate process improvements and ensure cross-functional alignment
- Build strong communication channels with internal stakeholders in various departments: Engineering, Operations, Sales, Marketing, and Business Development among others
- Ensure smooth communication within the project team and other cross-functional teams
- Develop and maintain Statements of Work, Bills of Materials, Purchase Orders, vendor contracting, close out packages, and calendars
- Execute and maintain project management processes in the areas of project schedule, quality management, communications management, risk/issue management, and change management
- Deliver regular project status reporting to provide a high degree of transparency on schedules and risks
- Influence continuous improvement of processes to improve scale and reduce costs
- Maintain consistent project reporting across multiple databases (JIRA, Netsuite, OneVizion, Google Sheets)
- Review project deliverables to ensure technical criteria and best practice are followed
Experience and Education Required:
- BA/BS with analytical, quantitative, business, or technical focus
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- You’re comfortable working in a small team or startup, and sometimes ambiguous or fluid environments
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Excellent problem-solving and organisational skills
- Proven success in a customer-facing role with a passion for customer service
- Ability to successfully manage multiple high-priority projects simultaneously
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Telecommunications or networking experience preferred
- Knowledge of construction services (ordering and installation): Telco, power, fiber, basic construction, permitting, vendor equipment requirements, antennas and grounding preferred
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the position such as bustling about, standing, bending, or sitting for the duration of your shift
- Real passion for Starry’s business
- 100% employer paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock option grants in a privately-held company
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, community clubs, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.