Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we're looking for:
Starry is looking for tech-savvy, intellectually curious individuals who want to help us redefine the way that end users access the internet. If you feel that the cable internet industry is long overdue for a technology disruption and you own more IoT devices than you know what to do with, you’re probably one of us.
As a Starry Internet Installer in the field, you’ll be the face of Starry Internet to customers. On a regular appointment, you’ll set them up for success with their new Starry Station router, provide “white glove service” to connect all their devices, and explain in human terms how our wireless broadband internet service works.
You’ll need to have strong time management, a knack for troubleshooting, and the ability to juggle multiple projects at once. In addition to being punctual, you are an engaging, approachable, and empathetic person. Our ideal candidate not only enjoys teaching someone how to use something new, but they’re energized by sharing their passion for groundbreaking technology. You should be versatile; able to interact with a range of personalities from building owners to tenants. This isn’t an office job, so we want someone who enjoys being on the move and interacting with people, not keyboards.
What you'll do:
- Be the point person for installation and activation of Starry Internet services for new customers
- Connect a customer to the Starry Internet infrastructure using coax, phone lines, or ethernet
- Investigate and resolve device and network specific issues at point of installation: Think everything from helping get a wireless printer connected to making sure there’s no interruptions when streaming or gaming
- Act as a valued source of “on the ground” feedback from customers and be asked to report back and present your findings in order to improve our service and technology
- Log customer feedback and concerns to ensure the accurate tracking of satisfaction metrics
- Educate customers on how to operate the equipment after setup and installation to ensure their long-term success with the service
Experience and skills required:
- 1–3+ years of proven IT and/or field experience
- Experience wiring 66 and 110 punch blocks
- Experience with structured cabling
- Experience terminating coax, RJ11, and RJ45 cables
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs regularly, respond quickly to avoid or mitigate potentially dangerous situations, move safely over uneven terrain, safely climb ladders while carrying up to 40 lbs, work in extreme weather, and wear personal protective gear correctly
- Must be able to adhere to OSHA safety guidelines and wear personal protective gear correctly and as required
- Must be able to regularly use ladders, hatches, steps, and other means to gain access to roofs on multiple story buildings
- Must be able to bustle about, bend, squat, or stand for prolonged periods of time
- Fluent in a second language - Korean, Armenian, or Filipino preferred
- Past experience at an ISP or telecommunications company and paired with a constant desire to tear all the systems you used apart and build something better
- A+ Certification
- Tool sheds feel more like toy stores and you know your way around wiring and cabling
- You love new technology, Internet of Things, and have a veritable library of gizmos around your home
- 100% employer paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock option grants in a privately-held company
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, community clubs, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.