Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we’re looking for:
Starry is seeking a part-time Brand Ambassador who will act as the face of Starry at various marketing events around the city. Our ideal candidate is a positive, self-starter who is confident, outgoing, personable and well spoken. You’ll enjoy being in front of customers and sharing our brand mission while in the field. You’ll understand and then effectively communicate Starry’s offering and value proposition. Our Brand Ambassadors will be needed at various times including weekday mornings, evenings, and weekends.
Work schedules can be made to accommodate classes or other commitments. The position is part-time and includes evenings and weekends.
- Quick: whip smart and able to pick up knowledge on-the-go, you know hustle
- Positive: sunny outlook and full of enthusiasm for events and people
- Communicator: able to speak and write effectively and with recognition of timeliness
- Organized: strong affinity for organization, multitasking and the details
What you’ll do:
- Create a unique and on-brand experience to increase brand awareness
- Staff local public and private events hosted by Starry and other partners
- Recommend events, experiences and influencers that align with the Starry mission
- Communicate success stories, key learning’s and other activities to Marketing team
- Assist in the setup and breakdown of events
- Generate awareness through postering and other guerrilla-style street activations
- 1-2 years of customer facing experience
- Knowledge and understanding of New York neighborhoods and surrounding communities
- Willingness to work weekday mornings, evenings and weekends
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs, stand for extended periods of time and bustle about
- Enthusiasm for new technology and the internet space
Bonus points if:
- if you are Bilingual (Spanish and English)
- You have experience with events
- You have passionate feelings about Starry and our mission
- Your sense of humor shines through, even if under stress
- Political canvassing experience a plus
- 100% employer paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock option grants in a privately-held company
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, community clubs, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.