Co-Op, Product Management
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Our Spring 2022 Engineering Co-Op program lasts from January 3, 2022 to June 24, 2022 at our Boston, MA headquarters. As temporary full-time Starry employees, Co-Ops receive accrued vacation time in addition to paid holidays. Product Management Co-Ops are remote eligible, with our preference being in office a few times a week. We also offer housing assistance to those outside the Boston metropolitan area, so we encourage students from all over the US to apply!
Position Overview: You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment while working across the company to deliver software and hardware products that advance Starry's vision for reinventing how our customers experience the internet. Reporting to our Director of Product Management, you'll work on both internal and external initiatives from consumer-facing products to back-end operational systems. Responsibilities include gaining a deep understanding of the Starry customer experience and our product strategy, analyzing product and customer experience data, and communicating key insights to internal teams.
- Intellectual Curiosity: You love new technology, Internet of Things, and have a veritable library of gizmos around your home.
- Flexibility and Adaptability: We are a startup which means whatever tasks are at hand are the ones that need to be done, sometimes outside our native discipline.
- Eagerness: This is a small enterprise packed with intelligent, motivated people - the opportunities to learn the disciplines of product management in action in a high-tech environment are immense.
- 100% employer paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock option grants in a privately-held company
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, community clubs, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.