Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we are looking for:
As a Mechanical Engineer you work on our unique consumer facing products. As an individual contributor, the candidate will take ownership of mechanical designs through the entire product life-cycle – concept, feasibility studies and tradeoff, engineering development, verification testing, new product introduction, production thru end of life. The challenge will be applying mechanical principles in an innovative manner to meet RF electrical performance requirements. Candidate should be proficient using 3-D Solid Modeling software (Solidworks) and have an understanding of manufacturing and testing practices.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Engineering, design and documentation of electronic packaging for consumer and infrastructure products
- Collaborating with Senior Engineers on highly complex RF projects
- Creating 3-D CAD modeling, layouts, PCB outline drawings and detail/assembly drawing creation
- Building and testing prototypes which carry through to production units
- Support product development teams from concept through production phases
- Responsible for basic structural and thermal analysis, material and finish selection, with a desire to focus on analysis and design interaction.
- Sourcing and procuring custom fabricated products
Experience and Education Required:
- Minimum Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering and 4-6 years experience
- Prior experience should include machining, plastic injection molding, sheet metal, casting, rack, PCB fabrication and backplane/daughter PCB mechanical design. Basic cable design knowledge
- Basic Dimensioning and Tolerancing in accordance with ANSI Y14.5M including general understanding of tolerance build up and manufacturability
- Be experienced with EMI, thermal, vibration and shock environments and design concepts as they relate to electronic packaging design
- Proficient with Solidworks
- Ability to work on engineering projects in multi-discipline team environment
- 100% employer paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock option grants in a privately-held company
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, community clubs, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.