Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
About the role:
As one of Starry’s Boston Office Managers, you’ll play an essential role in shaping the feel of our daily operations. Working directly with the Facilities team, you will assist with the daily activities of the office and warehouse. Our ideal candidate is a positive, self-starter who has a particular attention to detail, is keen on multitasking, and likes to keep things clean and orderly. This is a full-time position with normal working hours of 8:30a - 5:30p. Flexibility is sometimes required.
What you’ll do:
- Maintain overall cleanliness of office throughout the day including cleaning conference rooms, wiping down counters and managing dishwashers, microwaves and coffee makers
- Set up our new hires: arrange their seating space, outfit them in Starry gear, and get them situated with their hardware and with our People Resources team
- Greet visitors: offer refreshments and alert appropriate colleagues of their arrival
- Coordinate and facilitate catering for weekly meals and other company functions
- Maintain inventory for kitchen, supply cabinets, and print areas
- Work with the building superintendent to maintain space, submit and follow up on work orders
- Assist as needed with shipping and receiving logistics, including incoming mail and packages
- Coordinate the ordering, storage, and distribution of safety gear and equipment for office, technicians, and vehicles; track these items with extra care and keep meticulous records
- Work with your People team and local managers to schedule and execute safety trainings
- Strategize about how to make the most of storage space resources and how to divide these between teams with competing interests
- Collaborate with Office Managers in other Starry markets to consistently improve employee experience
- Order and assemble office furniture and storage shelving, etc.
- Occasionally assist with various recruiting efforts such as references and interview scheduling
- Occasionally assist with booking travel for visitors
- Special projects as necessary
- 2-4 years of facilities and office management experience in a very busy, high volume office
- Ability to work independently, with a resourceful attitude
- Attention to detail is an absolute must
- Ability to bustle about, bend, squat and lift up to 30 pounds
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Able to multitask in a fast-paced environment
Bonus Points If..
- Your prior experience includes time spent in a high growth start-up or with a warehouse
- You have an affinity for office botany
- You’ve worked with the Google suite
- You feel passionate about Starry and our mission
- 100% employer paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock option grants in a privately-held company
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, community clubs, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.