Software Engineer (Node.js)
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
The Cloud Services team here at Starry owns the central nervous system that powers the critical business and network operations stack for the company. This is made up of over 140 distributed systems which span a truly hybrid environment of cloud software and on-premise deployments. Our applications deal with a real-time load of hundreds of millions requests per day and support the systems responsible for the end-to-end pipeline of acquiring and supporting our subscriber base at scale.
What you’ll do:
As a full-time Software Engineer on the Cloud Services team, you would be responsible for the development of RESTful web services in addition to building diverse distributed networking applications, development tools, internal applications, and third-party API integrations.
- Implement and maintain test suites (100% coverage is always the objective)
- Collaborate on data architecture and implementations using MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch, and other NoSQL databases
- Participate in an Agile environment, providing leadership through example
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- 2 years minimum professional experience
- Working knowledge of TCP, UDP, and other networking protocols
- TDD experience preferred
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS a plus
Starry values providing prospective employees with a fair chance to pursue opportunities. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable Fair Chance ordinance.
- 100% employer paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock option grants in a privately-held company
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, community clubs, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.