Vice President of Manufacturing Operations
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
What you'll do:
As VP of Manufacturing Operations you will be driving the manufacturing of communication system base stations and terminal products from New Product Introduction to high mix manufacturing. You will lead a broad team, of operators, technicians and professionals, including at least two shift Manufacturing Operations, Manufacturing Test Development, Supplier Quality Engineering, Sustaining Product Mechanical and Electrical Engineers, Supply Chain Strategic plus Tactical Sourcing, Planning, Logistics, Site Management, and project managers, manufacturing engineers, test equipment engineering, supply chain professionals, quality, reliability, and application engineers, both inside the company and offshore in outsourced manufacturing contractors. You will use your leadership, judgment, and charisma to ensure high quality and timely deployment of Starry’s innovative products and services across simultaneous multiple generations of products. This position reports to the CTO & Head of Starry Products and is located in Northeastern MA/Southern NH.
Who we're looking for:
- An experienced manufacturing operational leader with managerial and technical skills
- You have grown a manufacturing operation from model building to volume and built a multi-disciplinary team of professionals
- You have led teams of sustaining engineering for RF and communication systems products
- You have led global supply chains and leveraged offshore EMS manufacturing operations
- You have had deep experience planning manufacturing operations output to meet demand forecasts from the business
- You have experience in managing yields and quality for multiple hardware product lines
- You have had full responsibility for the day to day factory operations, financial performance as well as goods produced by the manufacturing operation
- You are not a newbie, and have at least 12 years of a broad range of experience in operations, quality, and manufacturing engineering
- Your optimistic spirit was born with can-do, in-the-trenches practicality
- You have earned a degree in Industrial Engineering or Electronics Technology with a Manufacturing specialty
Bonus points if you...
- Have been responsible for millimeter wave or microwave high volume consumer, automotive or telecommunication products
- Have Six Sigma interwoven in your experiences
- Have Expert level knowledge of IPC 610
- 100% employer paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock option grants in a privately-held company
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, community clubs, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.