Associate Director, Financial Planning and Analysis
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Reporting to the Director of FP&A, this person will assist in the financial planning process (budget, forecasts, long range plan), work directly with department heads to grow the business while managing performance versus Plan, be hands on with financial planning system (Adaptive Planning), be relied upon as a thought partner to CFO and Director FP&A in guiding the evolution of the FP&A Team with a focus on insight, agility, scalability, and efficiency.
- Key contributor to the annual budgeting process. Learn all components, and take ownership of certain key components in the annual planning advised by Director
- Assist in setting timing, communications preparation, status review, and presentation
- Ability to create and/or review robust excel-based multi-scenario models.
- Support the full transition to the new corporate planning tool (Adaptive Planning)
- Partner with department heads to complete Opex and Headcount assumptions for long-range planning
- Partner with Accounting on GL results and cost center variances to inform insights for forward-looking projections
- Present analysis in Excel and PowerPoint to senior management
- Establish strong working-relationships with business partners and identify key cross-functional contacts for information
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously, including unplanned quick turnaround ad-hoc projects as needed
- Superior analytical skills with the proven ability to effectively analyse data to highlight trends, identify potential risks/opportunities
- Strong organisation and time management skills to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and ability to work with and present to executives
- Enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks and learns quickly when facing new problems
- Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, experience, and judgment
- Proven team player establishes and maintains effective relationships with stakeholders and gains their trust as a knowledge resource
- Ability to work in a fast pace, dynamic organisation going through transformation periods
- Solid conflict resolution and influence skills to navigate difficult situations with positive results
- Willingness to work longer hours and/or weekends, when necessary, to meet established deadline
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, or Economics - Masters preferred
- 7-12 years of professional work experience. Prior experience in FP&A role required. Prior
telecom and/or monthly recurring revenue tech company experience required.
- Top Tier Advanced modeling ability and experience; Advanced Microsoft Office skills - high focus
on Excel and Power Point
- Prior experience managing direct reports and cross-functional project management
- Strong understanding of various financial statements and GAAP reporting
- Prior usage of enterprise tools. Prior usage of NetSuite highly preferred.
- Familiarity using BI Software and data visualization tools. Prior usage of Adaptive Insights/Planning and Looker highly preferred.
- 100% employer paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock option grants in a privately-held company
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, community clubs, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.