Enterprise Platform Architect
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we’re looking for:
This role will sit in the Service side of the organization, to define, architect, and implement tools to tie together the company’s operations in a single Enterprise Platform that will encompass all of the company’s operations including (but not limited to) supply chain planning, network operations, field project management and maintenance activities. The role will work with Operations, Sales & Marketing, Engineering as well as Finance and Supply chain. The role will have the unique opportunity to define and implement the tools that are used to scale the company’s operations.
- Responsible for definition, integration and architecture for all aspects of Starry Internet service and how it integrates into our Enterprise Platform to transition the operations of the company from dozens of tools (including lots of Google Sheets) that operate individually to a point where all of the tools have direct data connections into the Enterprise Platform
- Define, architect, and implement replacements for tools that can not be integrated and/or are impacting the ability of the company to scale its operations, natively on the Enterprise Platform
- Build first-class reporting capabilities for each of these tools for key stakeholders, as well as implementation visibility
- Work with Enterprise Platform vendor in an agile-like environment to deliver new products and features quickly on short sprints
- Maintain and communicate backlog and manage timeline for project and feature implementations
- Step in and make implementation decisions when needed - this is not a full developer role, but an understanding of data flow and processing will be required
- Work with Business, Operations, Finance, Supply Chain, Engineering and all other stakeholders to identify needs and integration points, break through blockers, while maintaining a fast-paced implementation.
- Develop migration and roll out plans and training materials for new systems
- Long term, build a team to take over the ongoing internal operations (architecture/etc) of the Enterprise Platform (the platform will be cloud hosted and the underlying cloud operations will be handled by another team)
- 5 years of experience with managing the product requirements, implementation, and data architecture for a large enterprise system (Salesforce, ERP, large data systems, etc)
- Demonstrated ability to ship products and features on-schedule
- Strong analytical skills and an uncompromising attention to detail
- Ability to work with highly detailed and technical materials and understanding how to combine many different data sets together
- Excellent collaborative and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build consensus, strong decision making skills and problem solving
- Strong oral and written communication skills, ability to learn and master technical information and explain to non-technical partners internally and externally
- 100% employer paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock option grants in a privately-held company
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, community clubs, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.