Network Operations Center Director
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry designs, builds and operates wireless and wired networks for single-family units, multi-dwelling units (MDU) and enterprises. We are looking for a hands-on Network Operations Center (NOC) Director. In this position, you will build and lead a team of professionals who will provision, validate and maintain the Starry network. You will respond to and resolve network events, plan and drive preventative maintenance and be responsible for network performance from the core to the customer..
What you'll do:
- Daily oversight and support of NOC managers, supervisors, and technicians, providing direction on workload priorities and technical assistance as needed
- Offer highly technical, hands-on expertise; 30% individual contributor and 70% leadership/supervisory
- Ensure processes, escalation paths, and systems are enabled to quickly resolve network issues and events with a high sense of urgency and customer care
- Partner with Starry Markets to develop standardized processes for engagement, technician dispatch and management of events and activities
- Work with internal and external partners to enhance, develop and deliver tools and systems to increase efficiency, help standardize processes and ultimately improve network operations
- Drive service that meets and exceeds SLAs that aligns with our customer-first work ethic
- Steer productivity improvements by transforming and growing operational capabilities, developing talent, setting and driving KPIs, growing strong partner relationships, and delivering increased efficiency and scale
- Create and maintain repeatable, reliable processes and team culture to assure consistent and predictable team performance
- Ensure procedures for all NOC teams are documented, kept up to date, and are well communicated
- Ensure that operational metrics and reports are accurate and delivered to stakeholders
- Cultivate innovation, creativity, teamwork, and professional growth of the NOC organization
- Maintain strong standards of productivity, accountability, and morale
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or IT-related degree or equivalent experience
- CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) Route Switch or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of leading a team of 50+ employees in a Network Operations Center. Minimum 5 years network engineering experience as a hands on implementer and troubleshooter
- Experience managing NOC shift rotation to ensure 24x7x365 coverage while serving as point of escalation for the team
- Collaboration with peers to optimize and automate processes improving operational efficiencies
- Experience in driving and raising issues with infrastructure vendors and Service Providers
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the position such as bustling about, standing, bending, or sitting for the duration of the working day
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Up to 50% travel required
- 100% employer paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock option grants in a privately-held company
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, community clubs, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.