Senior Product Manager
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we’re looking for:
Our ideal candidate is a resourceful, motivated, and software-minded Senior Product Manager who will help define, shape, and focus the talents of our web, mobile, and internal application teams. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment while working to deliver software and systems products that advance Starry’s vision for reinventing how our customers experience the internet. Reporting to our Director of Product Management, you’ll work on both customer-facing and internal systems and services.
What you’ll do:
- Identify and fill product gaps with initiatives that grow subscribers, improve the customer internet experience, and strengthen our ability to support our customers
- Gain a deep understanding of the customer experience and contribute to Starry’s product strategy
- Analyze product and customer experience data to inform product and business decisions
- Prioritize, define, and refine deliverables based on business and customer impact
- Create buy-in for product decisions with key stakeholders across the organization
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and user stories
- Work closely with engineering teams to ensure our user stories are technically sound and ready for development
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, legal, and public relations teams to launch and train on new features and products
- Coordinate with stakeholders and project teams to deliver timely product solutions that map to company strategy and priorities
- Contribute to technical product roadmap and work with project management teams to surface and prioritize key features and capabilities
- 5+ years experience in a product management role
- Strong technical fundamentals and an understanding of how teams effectively build software and hardware products
- Technical degree (MS/BS) in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline
- Bringing a new product to market and/or successfully managing existing product lines
- Exceptional problem solving skills the willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work with technical and non-technical teams
- Ability to build consensus around a solution in the face of varying opinions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working in a small team or startup, and sometimes ambiguous or fluid environments
- 100% employer paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock option grants in a privately-held company
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, community clubs, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.