Tier II Network Analyst
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we're looking for:
Starry is seeking an experienced network analyst to join our growing team. You will operate and protect our fiber, wireless, routing, and IP transit assets for national backbone, regional backhaul, and last mile networks. Starry prides itself in handling the entire customer experience for internet delivery to the end user, from the consumer friendly Starry router, which was designed in-house, to custom networking equipment allowing us to deliver gigabit speeds over existing in-home cabling, to custom in-house designed point to multi-point wireless system for the last-mile delivery of gigabit capable wireless from a pre-5G system to a residential dwelling. This position will ensure the expansion of our network continues with increasing pace, maintaining quality and standards as we grow rapidly.
This position is full time and work from home; however, you must be based in one of the following areas: California, Colorado, Massachusetts, New York, Ohio state, or Washington D.C.
Who You Are:
- You work quickly, independently, and with great attention to detail.
- You are diligent, focussed and detail oriented to the point of obsession.
- You are committed to providing a consistently high level of support, going above and beyond in each interaction you have with a Starry customer or internal stakeholder because you care deeply about representing our brand and team.
- You have a high degree of personal tact and the ability to synthesize complex technical scenarios to a distributed team of Engineers and Field Technicians.
- You have expert knowledge of network layer 1 and 2, hardware, routing, switching, networking and extensive knowledge of application and OS support.
What You'll Do:
- Work closely with Field Operations, Deployment, and QA Teams to validate recent construction is up to Starry standards and ensure all connections in our network follow specific guidelines for monitoring before customers go live
- Develop partnerships with all Market deployment teams to ensure best practices are followed enabling the most efficient test and acceptance of new installations
- Help drive automation of test and acceptance stages
- Work with the Deployment teams to help resolve issues preventing successful acceptance of new installations, escalating to Tier 3, Engineering and Vendors when necessary
- Participate in the 24/7 support of the Starry network, serving as first point of contact for any network related event and ensuring each event is brought to resolution and any appropriate remedial work is scheduled and completed
- Serve as primary point of contact for internal teams on complex/escalated technical issues related to Starry network deployments
- Help maintain schedule of outstanding, ongoing, and upcoming internal and external maintenance
- Ensure network monitoring software is always up to date with recent additions to the Starry Network (configuring, adding new devices, etc)
- 2+ years of NOC or troubleshooting customer service experience working with hardware and complex technical services
- 2+ years of remote support of deployments to include, test and acceptance, troubleshooting and managing escalations
- Proven IT experience (on your own or professionally) in managing home or professional networks and related devices, tools, and processes
- Strong people and project management skills
- Basic Linux system knowledge
- Configuration and troubleshooting of Cisco and Cisco-like devices
- Ability to work from home in a quiet, dedicated space as well as occasional travel to our downtown Boston office
Bonus Points if…
- You've worked at an Internet Service Provider or Telco and constantly wanted to tear all the systems you used apart and build something better. Specifically, you have experience working in a NOC or other network support related role.
- You're as comfortable working in a terminal as you are in a GUI.
- You write scripts to handle repetitive tasks (or you have a desire to learn how!).
- You've used ticketing, issue tracking, and project tracking softwares such as Zendesk and Jira.
- You love new technology, IoT, and have a large library of devices in your home.
- 100% employer paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock option grants in a privately-held company
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, community clubs, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.