Director, Strategic Partner Expansion
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we're looking for:
This person will work with the strategy, finance, and operations teams to drive Starry’s business development efforts with Starry scaling partners and other partners that may help expand Starry’s service ecosystem. This person will develop and define the opportunities for partnerships that will help drive Starry’s network expansion and revenue growth across its licensed spectrum footprint. They will define new product categories that leverage Starry’s full stack technology to help strategic partners meet their broadband business goals. They will develop compelling business cases for new partnerships that meet Starry’s goals and partners’ ROI targets; articulate these opportunities to Starry leadership; support the model for the opportunity; pitch partners; develop strong relationships; and execute partnership deals working with Starry’s operations, finance, and legal teams.
Develop Partner Relationships
This person will work with Starry leadership to identify potential infrastructure and other scale partners in Starry’s network footprint. These partners can include utilities and other entities that have an aligned interest in broadband expansion in their communities.
Analyze Partner Opportunities and Build Partner Deals
They will run detailed quantitative analyses of partner opportunities, working with the operations and finance teams. They will understand Starry’s economics and operational and financial targets, combine them with potential partner ROI, quantitatively determine the benefit of any opportunity, and as necessary, develop compelling business cases that include the structural, operational, and financial relationship between Starry and the partners.
Help Productize Starry’s Technology
Starry has developed an incredibly unique tech and services stack - this person will help Starry leadership create a defined product for its technology stack, identify the potential partner targets and understand their needs, and develop strong partnerships.
- The quantitative skills and interpersonal skills to both analyze partner opportunities, develop strong business cases, pitch partners, and develop partner relationships
- 7+ years experience in business development, corporate development, or finance in a physical industry (e.g. telecom, broadband, utility), an emerging industry, or a high growth company
- Adept at stakeholdering with different business leaders and experience presenting to c-suite level executives
- Significant experience with financial modeling and business planning
- Ability to quickly understand and synthesize Starry’s business model, partners’ business models, and the opportunities for collaboration
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Significant experience with Powerpoint and other presentation tools
- Experience working directly and effectively with executive leadership teams
- Experience representing a company externally
- Exceedingly honest, entrepreneurial, responsible, and action-oriented
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
All full time Starry employees receive:
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock option grants in a privately-held company
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.