Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
What you'll do:
- Be the point person for installation and activation of Starry Internet services for new customers
- Connect a customer to the Starry Internet infrastructure using coax, phone lines, or ethernet
- Investigate and resolve device and network specific issues at point of installation: Think everything from helping get a wireless printer connected to making sure there’s no interruptions when streaming or gaming
- Act as a valued source of “on the ground” feedback from customers and be asked to report back and present your findings in order to improve our service and technology
- Log customer feedback and concerns to ensure the accurate tracking of satisfaction metrics
- Educate customers on how to operate the equipment after setup and installation to ensure their long-term success with the service
Experience and skills required:
- 1–3+ years of proven IT and/or field experience
- Experience wiring 66 and 110 punch blocks
- Experience terminating coax, RJ11, and RJ45 cables
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs regularly, respond quickly to avoid or mitigate potentially dangerous situations, move safely over uneven terrain, safely climb ladders while carrying up to 40 lbs, work in extreme weather, and wear personal protective gear correctly
- Must be able to adhere to OSHA safety guidelines and wear personal protective gear correctly
- Must be able to bustle about, bend, squat, or stand for prolonged periods of time
- Past experience at an ISP or telecommunications company and paired with a constant desire to tear all the systems you used apart and build something better
- A+ Certification
- Tool sheds feel more like toy stores and you know your way around wiring and cabling
- You love new technology, Internet of Things, and have a veritable library of gizmos around your home
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
All full time Starry employees receive:
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock option grants in a privately-held company
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.