Senior Technical Program Manager
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
About the role:
In this role, you will drive R&D projects from inception to transfer to manufacturing, and will coordinate with all functional areas including RF engineering, mechanical, embedded software, industrial design, systems integration testing, and supply, and support ongoing sustaining projects.
Reporting to the Director of Program Management, you will help project teams succeed in delivering strategic initiatives, as part of organization-wide programs.
What you'll do:
- Drive integrated software and hardware projects by planning, executing and maintaining project management processes in the areas of project timeline, resource management, quality management, communications management, risk/issue management, and change management
- Lead project teams in both Waterfall and Agile methodologies, ensuring alignment to schedules, costs and testing plans
- Facilitate daily cross-disciplinary communication, including product brainstorming sessions, knowledge sharing, and team risk mitigation planning
- Establish a cadence of deliverables from project team members that will culminate in completed, tested requirements and deployed solutions
- A Bachelor’s Degree with a preferred focus in a technical field or technical communications, or with a minimum of 2 years experience leading combined hardware/software projects
- 5+ years of project management experience using Agile or Waterfall methods
- Ability to identify program or process gaps and take initiative to drive them to resolution
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
All full time Starry employees receive:
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock option grants in a privately-held company
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.