VP of Product Management
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we’re looking for:
We are looking for a VP of Product Management to scale our product and team through this next stage of growth. Reporting to our COO, the VP of Product Management will have the unique opportunity to define Starry’s biggest growth and customer experience programs and align product needs and engineering resources to develop services against them.
This key role will sit in the Service side of the organization, working with operations, sales, & marketing on one side and engineering on the other. The VP will be responsible for developing products, tools, and systems (plans, web, mobile, internal tools, add-ons, MRP systems, OSS and BSS systems, installer apps, additional product offerings) that drive growth and scale for the business, and, most importantly, continually improve our customers’ and internal users’ experiences. It will entail full ownership of the product roadmap and product definition to get there.
This position offers in-office or in-office/work from home hybrid, with some travel required. The role can be based out of our Boston office with about 30% travel to our New York office, or vice versa.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee product management for all aspects of the Starry internet service and tools & systems used to deliver it
- Work with business and engineering teams to develop vision-oriented roadmaps for key products, tools, and systems
- Own the product development roadmap, vision for products, timelines, and plans
- Drive product development across internal tools and systems (third- and first-party developed), and work with business on internal product roll-outs and training
- Work on consumer facing products as well as important deployment and business operations systems
- Define Starry Internet product positioning, key features, and key product definition
- Work on a cross-functional team with engineering, UX design, marketing communications, and public relations through the complete product development lifecycle from inception to launch and maturity
- Develop competitive services and new offerings in the marketplace
- 10+ years of experience with paid subscription service offering in product marketing/ product management roles
- Experience in both consumer-facing subscription-based service companies, and in tooling development for companies with complex operations
- Experience in revenue-driving positions and telecommunications is a plus
- Strong analytical skills, revenue orientation, and uncompromising attention to detail
- Ability to work with highly detailed and technical materials, economic analysis, and customer experience propositions
- Strong track record developing product positioning and messaging and creating marketing materials
- Excellent collaborative and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build consensus
- Strong decision-making skills and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills, ability to learn and master technical information and explain to non-technical partners internally and externally
- Strong skills in product storytelling and advocating for excellent consumer experience
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
All full time Starry employees receive:
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock option grants in a privately-held company
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.