Senior Data Analyst
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
What you’ll do:
- Work cross functionally with the data analytics and data engineering team to ensure that GIS data is leveraged effectively in data team tools to help democratize data across the company
- Analyze various data sets to optimize the business across network operations, sales, marketing, and engineering - providing recommendations and insights to key decision makers.
- Identify the most efficient way to translate real world situations into our businesses hypothetical and physical serviceability models
- Develop automations and tools to scale existing GIS analytical processes
- Improve our customer serviceability models by tuning the algorithms and reporting systems that help improve accuracy and efficiency
- Create output that tells the story behind the data to non-technical team members so they can execute more effectively.
- Propose new mapping/visualization techniques to process and visualize data more efficiently
- Provide mentorship to other GIS Analysts on the team
What we're looking for:
- Proficiency in Python, SQL
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Analyst, Data Scientist or Management Consultant, preferably at a company with a high volume of complex data
- Ability to write complex SQL queries and expert in Excel
- Experience with visualization tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau) and scripting languages (e.g. Python, R)
- Working knowledge of statistics a plus
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Flexible, adaptable, able to work in an entrepreneurial environment
- Real passion for Starry’s business
Bonus points if...
- You have experience working with spatial data types (PostGIS, ArcGIS, etc)
- You have an understanding of key concepts and principles of geospatial data management, database structure, geoprocessing, and cartographic design
Starry values providing prospective employees with a fair chance to pursue opportunities. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable Fair Chance ordinance.
For Colorado residents: Salary range of $90,000 to $110,000. Final salary will be based on a variety of factors, including experience, education and training.
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
All full time Starry employees receive:
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock option grants in a privately-held company
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.