Supply Chain Program Manager
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we're looking for:
The Supply Chain Program Manager will work closely with the Product Engineering, NPI Manufacturing, Quality/Test Engineering and Supply Chain teams, as you lead programs from the NPI / pilot manufacturing stage to full-scale mass production at designated contract manufacturers. You will have responsibility for defining and driving day-to-day activities, understanding dependencies, and ensuring teams can effectively work through blockers to meet our manufacturing product launch milestones. You are familiar with best practices for effectively transitioning product designs into manufacturing enabling you to intelligently lead projects and teams to successful project completion.
What you'll do:
- Manage fast-paced, highly engineered products and equipment from Engineering hand off to Mass Production, with a laser focus on accelerating stable manufacturing at scale.
- Coordinate all external sources, suppliers and contract manufacturers to effectively support NPI builds and manufacturing ramp up while ensuring a timely feedback loop with engineering and quality teams to architect solutions to project blockers.
- Coordinate and integrate complex work streams required to achieve rapid manufacturing ramp up including material pipeline readiness, design release/approval, manufacturing process qualification and functional test readiness & capacity expansion.
- Develop and drive multiple project schedules and task lists at the same time ensuring high quality delivery of projects on-time and on-budget, mitigating risk where necessary.
- Lead team meetings and project reviews to achieve manufacturing readiness while remaining flexible in the face of changing design requirements and ambiguity.
- Provide clear project status and issue tracking reports on development progress to team leads and management.
- Understand technical issues and decision trade-offs. Drive to closure by bringing together key stakeholders for decision-making to meet overall project objectives.
- Create and manage project plans (timelines, scope, milestones, budgets, resource management, inventory planning) while coordinating, directing, and communicating to all relevant cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5-10 years of project management experience, PMP certification preferred.
- Experience with launching hardware products with Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing, and Supply Chain interdependencies.
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
All full time Starry employees receive:
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock option grants in a privately-held company
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.