People Operations Manager
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
What we are looking for:
Starry is looking for a dynamic, experienced, proactive, and strategic Manager to join the People Operations team. You will work closely with senior leaders on the team, but must also be able to work autonomously, adapting to change while making decisions quickly in our fast-paced environment. Reporting to our Head of People & Customer Experience, the People Operations Manager will play an essential role in delivering operational excellence and a world-class employee experience.
What you will do:
- Serve as subject matter expert in onboarding, total rewards (compensation, benefits, recognition), HR system and compliance. Prior experience managing a cross functional human resources team is essential.
- Assist in setting our total rewards vision and operationalizing its success by maintaining accurate compensation benchmarking and analysis for our Business Partners and Talent Acquisition teams
- Manage the relationship with our Benefits Administrator and the relationships with our HRIS and serve as point of contact for these plans and services
- Collaborate with People Team leadership to put in place a scalable and effective way to handle and resolve our staff’s day-to-day needs and concerns around pay, benefits, and policy questions
- Continue to build the structure of our Human Resources Information System (using ADP Workforce Now)
- Oversee and improve the Workers Compensation processes and procedures in partnership with Starry’s Environmental Health & Safety Director
- Oversight on leave of absence (LOA) for employees across the country with varying state guidelines
- Assist in keeping our data up-to-date and accessible in a way that will allow us to be more strategic in our analyses
- Effectively manage a team of two, including our Payroll Specialist and our People Resources Associate.
- 5+ years of proven experience working in Human Resources within a high-growth company
- Experience working with exempt, as well as non-exempt employees.
- Benefits & Payroll administration expertise
- Solid understanding of HR compliance and reporting. Experience with HRIS systems (ADP Workforce Now preferred) and compensation benchmarking tools Proficiency with Excel and GSuite applications
- Compliance background preferred and experience working with a national organization, and therefore knowledge of laws and regulations in multiple states
- An effective communicator and natural relationship builder who can collaborate with and influence across a variety of stakeholders
- A track record of working independently with excellent project management skills
- Ability to work with a very high level of confidentiality and discretion
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
All full time Starry employees receive:
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock option grants in a privately-held company
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.