Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we’re looking for:
As Warehouse Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing warehouse operations in the market assigned by the company. You play a critical role in executing order fulfillment and warehousing tasks in the assigned Starry’s warehouse facility ensuring operational standards and functional excellence.
Our ideal candidate has experience in all aspects of warehousing, including purchasing, inventory management systems, lead times, cycle counts, min/max levels, inventory turnover and forecasting. The Warehouse Manager is also responsible for supervising and training warehouse personnel on technical and material handling skills.
What you’ll do:
- Coordinate material planning and ordering execution to align to deployment schedule.
- Proactive ordering includes developing the process and building relationships to get the demand from the market team to ensure deployment targets are met.
- Develop effective systems for communication within the market, both for order fulfillment, escalations and future needs.
- Responsible for managing back orders for work orders and customer premise equipment demand, and communicating any risk proactively with the deployment team.
- Perform regular inventory counts and work proactively to resolve inventory discrepancies and reconciliations via adjustments.
- Manage excess inventory and prepare it for future re-deployment.
- Responsible for defective inventory processing via warranty or RMA process.
- Build effective systems and working relationships with local market and corporate support resources.
- Train and coach the warehouse personnel on effective communication via email, Slack, or verbal to ensure coherent team interaction as well as technical and material handling skills.
- Act as a role model for employees and always remain open to collaborate with other teams.
- Hands-on experience in all aspects of warehousing, including purchasing, inventory management systems, lead times, cycle counts, min/max levels, inventory turnover and forecasting.
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of inventory software; prior experience with NetSuite is a plus
- Prior wireless radio and/or ethernet network materials management is a plus
- Comfortable working in a small team or startup, and sometimes ambiguous or fluid environments.
- Proven team player with a desire to excel.
- Demonstrate the desire and ability to grasp new ideas quickly
- Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs regularly, respond quickly to avoid or mitigate potentially dangerous situations, move safely over uneven terrain, safely climb ladders while carrying up to 40 lbs, and work outdoors in extreme weather.
- Must adhere to OSHA safety guidelines and wear personal protective gear properly and as required.
- Must be able bend, squat, or stand for prolonged periods of time
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
All full time Starry employees receive:
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock option grants in a privately-held company
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.