Tier III NMS Systems Administrator
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry designs, builds and operates wireless and wired networks for single-family units, multi-dwelling units (MDU) and enterprises. We are looking for a hands-on T3 NMS Systems Admin. In this position, you will build and maintain a suite of systems that will report the status of the Starry network. You will work to build procedures and systems that will help pinpoint network events, establish network metrics and performance of our core environment..
What you'll do:
- Daily oversight and support of various network monitoring and management systems
- Data Entry building and maintaining current and future network monitoring programs
- Captain the building of documentation and processes involved in maintenance of the monitoring systems
- Ensure processes, escalation paths, and systems are enabled to quickly flag and pinpoint network problems
- Partner with Starry Markets to develop standardized processes for engagement, technician dispatch and management of events and activities
- Work with internal and external partners to enhance, develop and deliver tools and systems to increase monitoring efficiency, help standardize processes to ultimately improve network performance
- Increasing productivity transforming and growing monitoring capabilities, scripting, and proteases to deliver increased efficiency and scale
- Create and maintain repeatable, reliable processes to assure consistent and predictable performance
- Ensure procedures for all systems are documented, kept up to date, and are well communicated.
- Ensure that operational metrics and reports are accurate and delivered to stakeholders
- Maintain strong standards of productivity, accountability, and morale
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or IT-related degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with various monitoring systems including LibreNMS, PRTG, Solarwinds, Oxidize
- Linux or other server experience
- Minimum 5 years network engineering experience as a hands on implementer and troubleshooter
- Collaboration with peers to optimize and automate processes improving operational efficiencies
- Experience in driving and raising issues with infrastructure vendors and Service Providers
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the position such as bustling about, standing, bending, or sitting for the duration of the working day
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
All full time Starry employees receive:
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock option grants in a privately-held company
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.