Senior Commodity Manager
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
What you’ll do:
- Own the electronics supply chain plan for PCB (fabs) across the product life cycle, including next generation roll out, new product introduction, performance improvement, alternate source qualification and chip shortages.
- Lead cross functional team meetings, including Quality, Engineering, Project Management and Manufacturing to ensure buy-in from Starry’s internal stakeholders on obsolescence mitigation, safe ramp up/down planning, step-by-step validation of the design from fabs to PCBAs, from prototype to mass production stages.
- Represent supply chain on cross functional product development teams through all phases of Product Development. Plan, buy and monitor materials to support engineering projects and secure pipeline to support production at product release
- Execute the sourcing and procurement of fabs and the related schedule of PCBA builds with Starry’s Contract Manufacturers, including RFQ, DFM review, price negotiation, PO placement, contractualization and follow-up on commercial, delivery or quality issues
- Track delivery status for all open purchase orders and convey information to stakeholders. Proactively follow-up with suppliers and communicate status. Expedite orders as required.
- Interface with Engineering, R&D, Operations, Planning, and Program Management to assess current and future sourcing requirements, and to influence technical design decisions
- Maintain expertise/knowledge of the electronics industry market trends including rigorous analysis of market drivers, cost structures, technical improvements and competitive landscape.
- Understand and lead supplier selection/transitions and identify/develop/grow preferred supply base to support Commodity Strategy
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Business, or equivalent combination of education, training and
experience is required
- 5-10 years of technical procurement experience with printed circuit board assemblies, electronic components, and PCBs
- Understanding of key manufacturing processes supporting the commodity: PCB, PCBA, EE Components, Electronics Contract Manufacturing (EMS). Product launch experience from design to production.
- Must have hands-on experience working with an ERP System; NetSuite user experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong purchasing skills, ability to collaborate cross-functionally and detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize in a fast paced and demanding environment
- Experience dealing with Asian suppliers
- Strong spreadsheet skills enabling navigation of large data sets to inform PO placements
- Agile and able to react to changes
- Able to work in an ambiguous environment and drive team adherence
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
All full time Starry employees receive:
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock option grants in a privately-held company
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.