Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who you are:
We are looking for a Project Manager who will excel in helping to redefine how users access the internet. You will act as the face of Starry Internet Services to building owners as you’re responsible for providing an outstanding customer experience while driving the deployment of the Starry internet network. You will be responsible for managing stakeholder expectations and gathering project requirements from parties both inside and outside of the company. Our ideal candidate has outstanding communication and project management skills, a passion for customer service, is a self-motivated problem solver, and has proven success in customer facing roles.
What you'll be doing:
- Provide an exceptional onboarding experience for building owners
- Ensure smooth communication within the project team and other cross-functional teams
- Build strong communication channels with internal stakeholders in various departments: Engineering, Operations, Sales, Marketing, and Business
- Develop and maintain project schedules, Statements of Work, Bills of Materials, costs, and calendars with the input and assistance of your co-workers
- Execute and maintain project management processes in the areas of project schedule, quality management, communications management, risk/issue management, and change management
- Deliver regular project status reporting to provide a high degree of transparency on schedules and risks
- Influence continuous improvement of processes to improve scale and reduce costs
- Collaborate effectively with internal teams to initiate process improvements and ensure cross-functional alignment
- Interface with external stakeholders and manage stakeholder expectations as needed
Experience and Education Required:
- BA/BS with analytical, quantitative, business, or technical focus
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- You’re comfortable working in a small team or startup, and sometimes ambiguous or fluid environments
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills
- Proven success in a customer-facing role
- Ability to successfully manage multiple high-priority projects simultaneously
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Telecommunications or networking experience preferred
- Knowledge of construction services (ordering and installation): Telco, power, fiber, basic construction, permitting, vendor equipment requirements, antennas and grounding preferred
- Real passion for Starry’s business
Salary range of $70,000 to $90,000. Final salary will be based on a variety of factors, including experience, education, and training.
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- Equity compensation grant - so all employees have a stake in our continued success
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Starry does not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.