Master Electronics Technician
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we’re looking for:
Starry’s Master Electronics Technician will work closely with the manufacturing and Engineering teams to perform repairs on PCBAs and also field returns. A successful candidate must be proficient in analyzing RF and digital communication failures.
What you’ll do:
- Assist in Root cause analysis on test failures. Report on findings and recommended course of action
- Disposition the Repairs, Scrap, rework, rework at CM’s
- Corrects defects on PCBs and PCBAs, by reworking or guiding junior techs in the rework technique
- Provide pertinent information to stake holders to track failure modes and failure rates
- Guide and introduce changes on PCBs and PBCAs per procedures and Engineering Change Orders
- Assist in determining root cause of failures from field return units
- Train junior technicians in debug and repair techniques
- Completion of a training program (technical or military) and 8 years of experience; OR a minimum of 12 years of related experience
- Proficient in reading schematics
- Experience soldering fine pitch SMT components to IPC-610 Class 2 standards (down to 0201 package)
- Ability to diagnose failures using multimeters, oscilloscopes, and visual inspection
Bonus points for:
- IPC Certification PC-A-600 Acceptability of Printed Circuit Boards
- Experience working on prototypes
- Experience working at a startup
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- Equity compensation grant - so all employees have a stake in our continued success
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Starry does not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.