Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Pay range: $24.00 - $28.00 hourly. Final hourly pay rate will be based on a variety of factors, including experience, education, and training.
Who we’re looking for:
Starry is seeking a Marketing Coordinator. Reporting to the Marketing Manager, this person will be tasked with coordinating and executing Starry’s local marketing efforts. You should enjoy working collaboratively with other teams to ensure business objectives are met. Our ideal candidate is a positive, self-starter who is confident, well spoken and eager to learn. This is an entry level position where you’ll contribute to the success of the local team while learning about marketing practices along the way.
What you’ll do:
- Coordinate events from inception to completion
- Develop, maintain, and inventory collateral for all events and Subscription Sales Reps
- Order, inventory, and maintain giveaway items for events
- Purchase event supplies including food and beverages
- Collaborate with Subscription Acquisition Manager on event logistics
- Ensure that all event tasks are being completed
- Assist management with event reporting
- Support Marketing Manager with office tasks as needed
- Represent Starry at events as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- BA or BS degree required
- 0-2 years experience in a marketing, sales, events, or customer facing role (internship acceptable)
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively to business stakeholders and team
- Passion for event marketing
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- Equity compensation grant - so all employees have a stake in our continued success
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Starry does not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.