Associate Talent Acquisition Partner, Tech Ops
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Location: Remote, Hybrid, and In-Office options available based out of Boston HQs
About the role:
As an Associate Talent Acquisition Partner, you’ll play an essential role in achieving our growth goals by engaging and delivering a best-in-class candidate experience to hire top talent. You will be responsible for cultivating talent pipelines and hiring talent to help grow our Tech Ops organization. We are always looking for fresh ideas that make our talent strategy most effective in a competitive market. Our ideal candidate is highly motivated, positive, resourceful and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
What you’ll do:
- Full lifecycle recruiting of across a variety of technical operations roles
- Partner with hiring managers to translate business strategies into relevant talent strategies.
- Create compelling, inclusive job descriptions to attract top talent
- Proactively develop diverse pipelines of talent through networking, sourcing, marketing and relationship building
- Serve as a key contributor to the talent brand strategy including recruiting events and promotion through social media
- Provide a high-touch experience to candidates, nurturing a relationship to better understand the person (not just the resume), and providing a transparent view of the larger team and culture at Starry
- Analyze data to make recommendations to your hiring managers about the most effective hiring strategies
What you need:
- 1-2+ years of recruiting experience (corporate/in-house or staffing agency)
- Experience within a high-growth, quickly scaling company a plus
- Ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative and distributed team-based environment
- Exceptional communication skills and a customer first mindset
- Proactive and resourceful
- Experience with social media and recruiting sourcing tools (i.e. LinkedIn, Handshake, Indeed), bonus points for opening our eyes to creative new sourcing avenues
- Experience with an Applicant Tracking System (Greenhouse preferred). Proficiency with GSuite Applications & Slack
Bonus points if…
- You have a sense of humor
- You have a passion for Starry
- You have experience in Technology, Communications, or Telcom
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- Equity compensation grant - so all employees have a stake in our continued success
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Starry does not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.