Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we’re looking for:
As a member of the Electrical Engineering team, the Component Engineer will support the design teams in the selection and specification of a wide range of devices such as RF components, power conversion and control devices, passive devices such as capacitors, inductors and resistors as well as active devices and other similar components. These components will be used in Starry’s Wireless Internet radio systems and will need to meet all required quality and performance standards. The role will also include updating and maintaining component selections based on availability, price, EOL and other factors in a PLM system.
- Experience with PLM type systems such as Arena (desired) or Agile
- Support design Engineering in component selection activities during design and development phases
- Manage component selections over the component lifecycle and review PCNs issued by manufacturer as well as monitoring EOL notices
- Be familiar with system requirements to ensure that the selected components are not over or under specified while maintaining as much cross-product re-use as possible
- Perform part research to support Engineering and interface directly with vendors to procure samples, evaluation kits/boards, datasheets and related items
- Create and revise part procurement specifications for definition and control purposes to facilitate part/material acquisition
- Support supply chain team on an as needed basis
- Be a single point of contact to create EE components in Arena
- Coordinate qualification of alternate components and qualification of specific lots purchased at risk
- Proactively search for alternate sources, identify and create the manufacturing part numbers
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- Equity compensation grant - so all employees have a stake in our continued success
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Starry does not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.