Site Acquisition Coordinator
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we’re looking for:
Starry is seeking a Site Acquisition Coordinator to join our growing team. You will be responsible for the oversight and coordination of Vertical Asset pre-lease evaluation, design and deployment. This associate role is critical to Starry’s overall success in getting work done professionally, cost effectively, and in a timely manner. Our ideal candidate will have a proven track record of managing various aspects of the design and deployment process for a telecommunications company in a large metropolitan environment. Field experience with vertical asset construction, utility sourcing, building wiring and project management is preferred.
What you’ll do:
- Perform Site Surveys for all greenfield Vertical Assets in market
- Provides contractor field planning coordination and oversight in support of Starry new builds
- Compiles, verifies and correlates technical data related to Site Acquisition, Engineering and Construction
- Coordinate and contribute field data entry into Starry database
- Coordinate communications and action requirements to Site Acquisition, Engineering, and Construction teams
- Review RF Data Sheets and validate RF design on-site
- Minimum 5 years of practical work experience in a construction environment
- Experience with wireless system deployment (PMP, PTP, mobile), preferably in deploying greenfield networks
- Professional level understanding of construction management specific to telecommunications and wireless site development
- Sound data automation skills and the ability to utilize data processing systems
- Hands-on experience with in all aspects of building wiring, including the placement of vertical wireless assets
- Comfortable working in a small team or startup, and sometimes ambiguous or fluid environments
- Experience with OneVizion application
- Understanding of RF design and build steps
- Experience with cost-estimating specific to wireless deployment
- Experience with utility coordination
Starry values providing prospective employees with a fair chance to pursue opportunities. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable Fair Chance ordinance.
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- Equity compensation grant - so all employees have a stake in our continued success
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Starry does not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.