Senior Director of Retention Marketing & CLV
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, with incredible ambition to build new markets, and new products and services. At Starry, autonomy and creativity are rewarded; you’ll have control of your own time and the opportunity to develop your ideas and initiatives. Our team is tightly-knit, highly collaborative, and very driven.
Who we're looking for:
Starry is seeking a Director of Retention Marketing and Customer Lifetime Value to develop and execute a marketing strategy for delighting customers to drive retention, win-backs, increased ARPU and overall LTV. This leader will collaborate with marketing and cross functional stakeholders to build a retention and lifetime value marketing plan that supports our growth (both subscriber and revenue) goals and new market expansion. Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, you (along with your direct reports) will be responsible for developing the strategy as well as the tactical implementation of that strategy. The KPIs for this role include average customer tenure, ARPU and overall lifetime value.
What you'll do:
- Create and drive Starry’s new customer retention marketing and lifetime value strategies from concept to execution, in collaboration with CMO and cross functional leadership
- Own plan and pricing mix to optimize ARPU
- Ideate and execute the Starry customer rewards platform
- Drive adoption of add-ons, such as premium routers and higher speeds that drive ARPU
- Develop and execute Premium Plan upgrade strategies
- Develop programs that increase customers satisfaction and have positive impacts on average customer tenure
- Relaunch and oversee programs that leverage existing customer base to drive new revenue streams (e.g., the Starry Building Champion referral program)
- Explore partnerships with third parties that drive value for Starry Customers
- Hire, train, & lead marketing professionals to drive and execute Starry’s strategy
- Directly impact and enhance operational propensity to develop and achieve business objectives, KPIs, and goals through marketing strategy and leadership
- Drive consistency of the customer experience across all markets
- Set and maintain a high standard of analytic rigor in constructing robust business intelligence insights to drive and support bodies of work, facilitate dialogue and inform strategy
- Deliver deep insight on marketing performance and ROI across the organization to influence new market strategies
- Leveraging consumer insights knowledge and apply expertise to marketing plans
- Own, plan, delegate, execute and synthesize bodies of strategy work related to operational marketing support, maintaining a solid understanding of the “big picture” while digging deep into the details of individual bodies of work/initiatives
- BA or BS degree required
- 10+ years relative experience
- Experience leading, mentoring and developing a large marketing team
- Experience with data analytics and how to effectively apply learning to improve performance
- Deep understanding of web-based data and metrics with a track record of distilling actionable insights from data
- Ability to communicate effectively to business stakeholders, team and partners
- Ability to influence and manage multiple teams with excitement to reach milestones
- Ability to travel 20% of the time to various markets
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- Equity compensation grant - so all employees have a stake in our continued success
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Starry does not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.