Data Application Developer
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
What you'll do:
As an Application Developer on the Data team, you'll work with data engineers, analysts, and other stakeholders at Starry to build internal applications and tools to facilitate data ingestion, processing, and visualization.
- Develop new applications using React, Postgres, and Snowflake
- Work on an internal mapping application used for critical business decision-making and analysis
- Collaborate on data architecture and implementations to ensure good data flow through our systems
- Build out our testing suite and work with stakeholders on user testing and feedback
- Provide technical guidance to business users
- Work in a self-directed, Kanban-based fashion
What we're looking for:
- Strong SQL Skills and experience with Postgres, Snowflake, or another RDBMS
- Knowledge of development standards for developing database and web components
- An eagerness to mentor and help others grow
- A strong sense of collaboration and excitement for working directly with stakeholders
- Familiarity with GIS or mapping applications
- Experience with React
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS
- Experience with Docker and automating deployments for web applications
Please note that the title referenced in this job description is intended to provide a representation of the work that will be done in this role and the actual internal job title for this role will be Data Application Developer II. The final internal job title assigned will be based on a variety of factors, including without limitation, experience, education, and training.
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- Equity compensation grant - so all employees have a stake in our continued success
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Starry does not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.