Revenue Operations Salesforce Administrator
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we're looking for:
As Starry’s Salesforce Administrator, you will oversee Starry’s CRM (Salesforce) and report to Starry’s Head of Revenue Operations.
What you'll do:
- Support business operations across Sales, Marketing, and Technical Operations teams at Starry
- Develop and implement sales strategies to maximize Salesforce CRM effectiveness across the sales organization
- Ensure optimal performance of Salesforce systems and products
- Work with GIS, Data, and Product teams to launch new tools
- Developing and documenting new processes
- Managing Salesforce roles, profiles, sharing rules, workflows, and groups
- Evaluating and installing new Salesforce releases, as well as providing training and support
- Work directly with Sales management and reps to troubleshoot
- Create dashboards and provide real-time reports to provide visibility into the pipeline and track quotas, leaderboards, and contests
- Own and drive consistent improvements for all processes including on-boarding, training, CRM and all operational activities
- Own performance and implementation of new and existing Sales tools
- Partner with Starry’s SVP Sales to provide strategic input on Starry’s Marketing programs
- Lead the development and documentation of best practices, tools, and training and keep the sales team updated on any new processes and procedures
- 5+ years of experience as a Salesforce administrator in a similar environment
- Extensive experience in the administration and maintenance of Salesforce systems
- Salesforce certified administrator or Salesforce advanced administrator certification is a bonus
- Exceptional ability to create and maintain Salesforce databases
- In-depth knowledge of Salesforce products and their functionalities
- Proficiency in creating Salesforce profiles, allocating roles, and managing access
- Ability to provide Salesforce training and end-user support
- Ability to create and maintain robust dashboards and reports
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, manage and complete cross functional projects in a dynamic environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence and drive teamwork
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel
- Bonus: Docusign, Outreach, Data analysis, and Google Docs
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- Equity compensation grant - so all employees have a stake in our continued success
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Starry does not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.