Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we’re looking for:
Starry is seeking a Marketing Manager for our Greater Los Angeles market. You’ll be acquiring new subscribers through local marketing channels as well as marketing to our existing subscriber base. Our ideal candidate will enjoy working collaboratively with other teams, including Sales and Creative, to ensure business objectives are met.
Reporting to the Marketing Director in LA, you will contribute to the success of our brand by driving the adoption of Starry Internet throughout the Greater Los Angeles Area. Our ideal candidate is a positive, self-starter who is confident, creative and well spoken.
Quick: whip smart and able to pick up knowledge on-the-go, you know hustle
Positive: sunny outlook and full of enthusiasm for events and people
Communicator: able to speak and write effectively and with recognition of timeliness
Organized: strong prioritization skills with an affinity for multitasking and the details
A Problem Solver: can identify opportunities through information, data, and insights
Creative: can develop and execute innovative and new ideas
- Manage the day to day subscriber acquisition activities for our LA market, with an emphasis on field activations
- Maintain consistent weekly volume of field marketing events to contribute to overall team subscriber acquisition goals
- Source and manage our local partnerships to enhance offer and drive subscribers
- Identify meaningful opportunities with local neighborhood events to raise brand awareness for Starry as well as maximizing lead generation and subscriber growth
- Identify opportunities with local publications, press, and agencies
- Develop marketing reports and focus on measurable performance; present findings to internal teams
- Work with internal teams and external vendors to achieve results
- Implement, test, and learn methodologies across all programs
- Manage a team of Marketing Coordinators and Brand Ambassadors by providing oversight and direction
- BA or BS degree required
- 3-5 years of relevant marketing experience, preferably with multiple marketing channels
- Experience that led to customer or revenue growth
- Performance oriented field and/or local marketing background
- Analytical problem solving mindset highly desired
- Experience in sourcing and building marketing partnerships
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
- Experience managing a team of full and part-time employees
- Effective communicator (written and spoken)
- Enthusiasm for new technology and the internet space
- Experience with a high growth startup
- A creative and innovative outlook on business growth
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word or Google Sheets, Presentation, and Docs
- This position requires driving a Starry vehicle. You’ll need to have a valid driver’s license in the state of your residence and a safe driving record
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- Equity compensation grant - so all employees have a stake in our continued success
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Starry does not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.