Vice President, Strategic Finance
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we’re looking for:
The Vice President, Strategic Finance will be a key member of the Finance team and will require the candidate to be capable of operating successfully in a high growth, rapidly evolving organization. The candidate will lead the budgeting and forecasting processes as the primary point of contact for all business and operations teams. They will also oversee and ensure that we are compliant in all financial reporting processes. The candidate will own projects that are cross-functional in nature and require interactions with business and marketing teams. This position will also oversee all strategic finance projects that are associated with the growth and day-to-day operations of Starry’s business such as our AP and procurement processes.
The Vice President, Strategic Finance will report directly to the CFO with frequent interaction with Executive leadership and Department Heads of Starry’s business units.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as the Finance point of contact to the business on finance related initiatives
- Lead FP&A for planning and external reporting, projections along with insights driven suggestions for business improvement
- Lead FP&A to produce timely, monthly financial metrics and KPIs on the business for Senior Management
- Lead all Strategic initiatives in finance including build-out of new functions - procurement, treasury and tax
- Lead the build-out and redesign of all AP and Procurement functions in partnership with Accounting, FP&A and business partners
- Build out a team responsible for treasury process across the enterprise to ensure a current view of liquidity and working capital needs
- Manage the rollout and implementation of a rigorous controls environment within the business, in close collaboration with Finance and Business stakeholders
- Build a culture of high performance, healthy collaboration, and rapid development by setting high expectations for staff, providing opportunities for development, and personally providing feedback and coaching to teammates
- Manage processes to change effectiveness of recently implemented NetSuite systems
- 10+ years of senior finance leadership experience with CPA required, performing or overseeing Financial Planning and Reporting
- Experience with operating and maximizing Accounting systems, preferably NetSuite
- Strong leadership, team management and interpersonal skills. The ability to lead through collaboration and influence
- Ability to evaluate, understand and problem solve issues with the ability to make complex ideas or situations clear, simple and easy to understand
- Experience directly managing a team of finance professionals in a high growth environment
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills (ie. Pivot Tables, V-Lookups). Proficiency in other Microsoft tools Word, PowerPoint, Access. Comfortable with financial applications to enhance and automate processes, reporting, analysis and controls
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal. Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization and to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Prior experience with public company planning and disclosures, private Equity, Sr. Lenders, and large public institutions
- Strong technical knowledge of GAAP accounting, Income Statements, Balance Sheets, Cash Flow etc.
- SEC financial reporting and IPO experience a plus
- Public Accounting firm experience is a strong plus
- Treasury and tax experience is a strong plus
- Preferred industries: Technology, Communication, Software, Financial Services
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- Equity compensation grant - so all employees have a stake in our continued success
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Starry does not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.