- SW build regression testing: SIV engineers develop automated regression tests and run them against each major release of our system software.
- Full system verification: SIV engineers develop automated tests to confirm expected system functionality during the prototype and manufacturing stages. This work involves understanding the operation of the complete system in order to be able configure all parameters and execute usage scenarios.
- HW component characterization and verification: SIV engineers collaborate with the RF, HW and SW teams during development to test the component blocks that comprise our systems.
- Investigation of system-level behaviors and issues: Leveraging all of the skills described above, experienced SIV engineers are uniquely qualified to drill down into the entire system in order to find the source of (and often solution to) challenging problems. This work is often of critical importance and directly impacts the Internet experience that we provide to our customers..
- Design and implement software to automate tasks in all four of the major SIV focus areas described above.
- Create end-to-end system-level and functional component-level tests for Starry's Wifi and Internet products.
- Evaluate test specifications, requirements, strategies and methodologies for Starry's WiFi and wireless internet service and systems
- Work closely with the development teams to identify and resolve hardware and software defects
- Test system reliability, scalability, load and throughput
- Summarize test results and clearly communicate release status
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering or other related discipline
- 3+ years in Development, Automation, Testing, or QA.
- Proficiency with Python, Networking, Bash.
- Experience with source control and defect tracking systems (Github, Jira, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Linux systems.
- Experience designing and implementing an automated system test suite or harness
- Inclination to tinker with electronics, e.g. Raspberry PI, custom Android ROMs, etc.
- Experience with electronics and related test equipment (e.g. Oscilloscope)
- Experience with RF systems concepts and related test equipment (e.g. Spectrum Analyzer)
About Starry’s Technology:
Starry is inventing a cohesive system that brings the Internet to your home and distributes it throughout your home -- all wirelessly. We design, build, and deploy an entirely new class of wireless communications devices which operate at millimeter-wavelengths to serve multiple buildings over a large area. We also design and develop our own WiFi devices for in-home use. We are operating in Boston, LA, and DC, with more markets coming online regularly. We are constantly working to optimize the performance and reliability of our technology.
About the Systems Integration and Validation Team:
The Systems Integration and Validation team plays a critical role in the development of our technology, typically focusing on four main areas:
What You’ll be Doing:
- Knowledge of IEEE 802.11n/ac/ad, 3G/4G/5G wireless communications standards and protocols
- Experience with wireless communications protocols and analysis via Wireshark or equivalent
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.