Director, Business Strategy & Ops
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we’re looking for:
Our ideal candidate is highly analytical and passionate about working in a fast paced environment where they’ll have direct influence over strategic business decisions. Working directly with our leadership team, this position will have cross-functional exposure within our rapidly expanding organization, and will drive performance of our core business goals.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of associates helping to shape the forward looking strategy and operational planning of the business.
- Identify, scope, and execute critical long-term business operations initiatives (market launch planning, partnership operations, scale new products, etc.).
- Partner with leadership to develop frameworks to support the company in business decision-making.
- Support core business processes including annual planning, operational target setting, performance reporting, etc.
- Perform analytical projects to drive growth, reduce costs, and maximize efficiency for an executive-level audience.
- 5+ years of experience in data / strategy / consulting / investment banking or related experience
- 2+ years of management experience
- High-growth operations, tech, or startup experience is strongly preferred.
- Outstanding communication and organization skills
- Self-motivated individual that works well independently
- Advanced Excel modeling skills
- Experience with SQL and/or Looker/Tableau
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- Equity compensation grant - so all employees have a stake in our continued success
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Starry does not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.