Director, People Resources Business Partner
Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
What we are looking for:
Starry is looking for a dynamic, experienced, proactive, and strategic Director, People Resources Business Partner to join our growing People Resources Team. As an PRBP, you will be an integral part of the Human Resources strategic business initiatives for dedicated business units within our organization as well as lead a small team of PRBPs. You will work closely with senior leaders in the company, but must also be able to work autonomously, adapting to change while making decisions quickly in our fast-paced environment. This position reports directly to the SVP, People Resources. It's a very exciting time to be joining Starry.
What you will do:
- Lead the People Resources Business Partner (PRBP) function for Starry.
- Manage three PRBPs
- Provide strategic business partnership and mentorship to leadership and people managers to positively impact the motivation, development, and retention of talent.
- Utilize people trends to develop, implement and lead HR training, projects and programs
- Work closely with senior leaders to understand the business and to proactively provide suggestions while reducing legal risks and ensuring compliance.
- Lead the execution of key talent initiatives (driving change where needed) across the assigned business units such as leadership development, performance management, succession planning, organizational strategy and design, and role based competency development.
- Conduct talent reviews and create action plans along with the department managers to create a successful team including promotions, transfers, etc.
- Collaborate across People Resources and senior business leaders to build and execute timely effective, and scalable people programs and processes to support the business.
- Drive future organizational design and change management initiatives to help maintain high-performing, motivated and impactful teams.
- Working with the PRBP team, routinely assess and anticipate all People Resources related needs across all Starry departments.
- Actively collaborate across peer groups – specifically, individuals within talent acquisition, people operations and finance to optimize the acquisition, integration, and development of Starry’s talent and achieve company goals.
- Ability to track and proactively report on key HR metrics
- Manage performance management process and adapt process accordingly based on different company needs.
- The position formulates partnerships across the departments he/she supports to deliver value-added and proactive service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization.
- Collaborate with members of the executive management team to align departmental strategy with the overall goals of the organization.
- Develop practices that have a significant impact on the organization.
- 10+ years of proven experience working in Human Resources within a fast-paced environment;
- Experience in global high-growth technology company preferred
- Proven foundation of US employment law and experience applying this effectively as a trusted HR advisor
- Comfort with high ambiguity and ability to adapt to frequent change and high growth
- Entrepreneurial spirit, and a track record of initiative taking with excellent project management, negotiation, and mediation skills
- Ability to work with a very high level of confidentiality and discretion
- An effective communicator and natural relationship builder who can collaborate with and Influence a variety of work styles and personalities
- Apt listener and proactive communicator.
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- Equity compensation grant - so all employees have a stake in our continued success
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Starry does not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.